Preparing the Tooth:
- Rinse the preparation thoroughly and remove all visible water by drying the surface for approximately 5 seconds with dried compressed air.
- Dispense a drop of Surpass®1 into one cavity of the enclosed mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush, apply Surpass®1 to the entire cavity preparation and the surrounding tooth structure, agitating briskly for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT DRY Surpass®1
- Dispense a drop of Surpass®2 into another cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush apply three brushfuls of Surpass®2 to the entire cavity preparation, dabbing each brushful to help distribute as much of the primer as possible.
- Dry the primed surface with dried compressed air for at least 10 seconds with the air syringe tip as close as possible to the surface. DRY Surpass®2 THOROUGHLY
- Dispense a drop of Surpass®3 into another cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush apply a thin layer of Surpass®3 to the entire cavity surface. Air-thin the Surpass®3 aggressively. Final film thickness will be around 10 – 12 microns.
- Light-activate for 10 seconds. Surpass® can be activated with any dental activation light.
Imaging for CEREC® Restorations:
- Wipe off the oxygen-inhibited layer with a cotton pellet soaked in either isopropyl or ethyl alcohol, rinse and dry.
- Apply the scanning powder and scan the restoration.
- Rinse the powder off with an air-water spray. If any powder remains it may be removed with a cotton pellet soaked with Surpass®1, rinsed and dried.
- Isolation may be removed at this time if desired or may be left in place depending on clinician’s preference.
Preparing the Restoration:
It is highly recommended the restoration is lightly micro-etched (27micron aluminum oxide), rinsed and dried prior to silanation and delivery. The micro-etching not only provides additional mechanical retention but also ensure the surface is completely free from milling oils and other contaminants.
- Clean the restoration thoroughly to be sure all milling oil and other contaminates are removed. This can be done with steam or very thorough cleansing with isopropyl alcohol. Water and air will not provide a sufficiently clean surface.
- Using a Microtip® applicator, apply an even coating of the prepared Interface solution to the ceramic surface and allow to dwell for 10 seconds
- Dry the Interface solution thoroughly (approximately 5 seconds)
- Apply 2 coats of Surpass®2 to the surface, dry and light activate for 10 seconds.
Delivering the Restoration:
- If isolation has been maintained, apply 2 coats of Surpass®2 to the sealed prep, dry and light activate for 10 seconds.
- If isolation has not been maintained or the sealed prep has become contaminated, the sealed prep should be cleaned with a cotton pellet soaked in alcohol, rinsed and dried. Then apply 2 coats of Surpass®2 to the sealed prep, dry and light activate for 10 seconds.
- Anchor® luting cement is then inserted either into the prep or onto the fitting surface of the restoration and the restoration is seated. As the Anchor® resin gels, the excess may be removed. Once the excess cement is removed, each restoration surface is light-activated for 10 seconds and the process is complete.