Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

thick sim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsg_c1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: thick sim Reply with quote

hey john,
i know that when sim 2 tends to get a bit on the thicker side - the acetone is evaporating - you say to add a little to the mixture. if i haven't added anything am i going to get any decrease in bond strengths?

usually if it is getting thick i tell my assistant to place a new drop into the slightly thick mix - so my second question would be; can you place too much acetone into the thick mix or can you have too much bond (thick mix) and will this add issues into the overall strengths?

thanks,
d
www.pacificNWsmiles.com

friend of flem
frequently a blasphemer of John Kanca III, DMD
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: thick sim Reply with quote

dsg_c1 wrote:
hey john,
i know that when sim 2 tends to get a bit on the thicker side - the acetone is evaporating - you say to add a little to the mixture. if i haven't added anything am i going to get any decrease in bond strengths?

usually if it is getting thick i tell my assistant to place a new drop into the slightly thick mix - so my second question would be; can you place too much acetone into the thick mix or can you have too much bond (thick mix) and will this add issues into the overall strengths?

thanks,
d

If it is getting noticeably thicker performance could suffer. Go ahead and add a couple of cc of acetone- then see if it returns to normal. You can always add more, so titrate the addition accordingly.

"You don't have a town named after you"
dsg_c1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info,
usually it isn't a problem because my assistant usually always has too much sim - i'll give her the bottle trick you mentioned a little while ago.
thanks again,
d
www.pacificNWsmiles.com

friend of flem
frequently a blasphemer of John Kanca III, DMD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: