Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Composite longevity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Composite longevity Reply with quote

An article printed in the Seattle Post Intelligencer of April 19th, 2006 was forwarded to me by several patients. The article quoted a Dr. J. R. Kelly, from the University of CT and a spokesperson for the ADA, who stated that "..composite fillings need replacing after four to six years." I PM Dr. Kelly asking for the research corroborating his assertion. He has yet to respond.

I can easily show hundreds of composites that are well over 20 years in the mouth and still functioning perfectly!

Its unfortunate that because a person is associated with a teaching facility their mere opinion should be taken as gospel. As J.K. said "Facts, facts, facts not opinion, opinion, opinion!"
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder where they get these guys for comment. Gerry- has the guy answered yet?

"You don't have a town named after you"
Gerry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John:

Neither Dr. Kelly nor the Seattle Post Intelligencer has had the courtesy to respond - yet. I have drafted an article for the Intelligencer if they care to have a response for the publication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: