Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Is extra Sim1 & Sim2 OK to use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Is extra Sim1 & Sim2 OK to use? Reply with quote

When doing a large restoration, I find myself adding a second and third application of Sim1 to make sure I cover entire prep and to keep it wet. Then I will usually place more than the three drops called for again to make sure I've gotten it to all areas. Then dry thoroughly. Then place more than the two drops called for before drying. I've had no problems but want to be sure.

Harry
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry

What you've written says that you dry Sim 1. Is that what you meant to say?

"You don't have a town named after you"
monok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Thanks for the reply. I think my post was confusing. I do not dry Sim1. My concern is with large preps, I apply more than one application of Sim1 to be sure the entire prep is covered and to make sure it stays wet. Then I apply more than three applications of Sim2. Then dry. Then apply more than two applications of Sim2 before drying again.
For instance, with an MODL prep on a molar, I'll apply 2-3 coats of Sim1 to make sure the prep is good an wet. Then I'll place one application of Sim2 in the mesial and one in the distal. Each of those applications will get to the lingual. I just don't feel like either the mesial or distal application will get to the whole prep. So, I'll do each area a total of 3 times. After drying, I'll apply 2 applications of Sim2 to the mesial and to the distal, then dry again.
My question is am I screwing up the bonding protocal or is this just an extension of it. Like I mentioned, I've had no problems but wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

Harry

PS My sons(one just graduated from NYU and the other in 3rd yr at Temple dental) and I attended your course at the ADA convention in Philly. I knew I was in for a treat but you totally blew them away. It kills the one in school when an instructor tells him to put Dycal AND IRM in a tooth before placing an amalgam.
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry

What you're doing sounds good to me. The best arbiter is success and if it's working, that's great. It pretty much describes the way I apply Sim to teeth also. Check out the video - I think it's going to look familiar.

And thanks for the kind thoughts! Cool

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: