Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Anchor & marshall technique?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Anchor & marshall technique? Reply with quote

John,
Have you used Anchor w the marshall technique ( an initial flowable layer of course) fo a WFT restoration where all the layers would seem to take too much time?

At what time in the self cure pocess would you add the final enamel layer of filled composite?

Any comments about the M technique appreciated?
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anchor & marshall technique? Reply with quote

John,
Have you used Anchor w the marshall technique ( an initial flowable layer of course) fo a WFT restoration where all the layers would seem to take too much time?

I have not. I just take the time to place the stronger material.

At what time in the self cure pocess would you add the final enamel layer of filled composite?

At least 3 mm thickness

Any comments about the M technique appreciated?

Core materials are not typically designed to be exposed to oral stresses. While this may seem to work, I choose to do otherwise. We did this years ago when we had self-cure posterior materials, such as Bisfil II.

"You don't have a town named after you"
bj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, then I'll reserve it for when I'm pretty darn sure the pt will get the crown reasonably soon but just can't right now.

At what time ( during the setting process of the self-cure buildup material)would you add the final enamel layer of light-sured composite (heliomolar, etc)?

"Core materials are not typically designed to be exposed to oral stresses." Even with a good composite as the final enamel layer ? I wasn't aware of that, thanks. Now I'm glad that I've only done this technique a few times.
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bj wrote:
Thanks, then I'll reserve it for when I'm pretty darn sure the pt will get the crown reasonably soon but just can't right now.

At what time ( during the setting process of the self-cure buildup material)would you add the final enamel layer of light-sured composite (heliomolar, etc)?

"Core materials are not typically designed to be exposed to oral stresses." Even with a good composite as the final enamel layer ? I wasn't aware of that, thanks. Now I'm glad that I've only done this technique a few times.

If you have the opportunity to watch them, you'll see that they just don't look great over time. They're not meant to.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: