Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Sensitivity after Simplicity and Anchor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yunddsinc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Sensitivity after Simplicity and Anchor Reply with quote

I have been using Simplicity for years now with no problems with sensitivity. When I use Simplicity for direct composites, I don't have any issues but the last two times I cemented some crowns, the patients complained of sensitivity.

The first patient said the sensitivity is getting better now (about 2 weeks have passed).

Today, I cemented couple crowns and the patient was complaining of pain--I assumed it to be sensitivity after the anesthesia wore off.

I was wondering if this particular Anchor could be causing the problem. I have used Anchor in the past and never had issues. I have used other resin cements with Simplicity with no issues.

I checked Simplicity 2 for it's color to check if the solvent has evaporated out of the bottle. I followed all instructions as I have been for years.

I'm stumped.
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a simple answer for you.

You only had sensitivity with the crowns? Had you used the same Simplicity with directs without sensitivity?

"You don't have a town named after you"
yunddsinc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. The sensitivity was only with crowns. I have no issues with directs.

In fairness, the first case of sensitivity was a crown on a large existing filling that fell out. Could the close proximity to the pulp have been a factor?

The second case of sensitivity is a a PITA patient. Maybe she was just complaining because that's what she does. I will see her in a few day so I will update. She hasn't called back to complain so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yunddsinc wrote:
No worries. The sensitivity was only with crowns. I have no issues with directs.

In fairness, the first case of sensitivity was a crown on a large existing filling that fell out. Could the close proximity to the pulp have been a factor?

The second case of sensitivity is a a PITA patient. Maybe she was just complaining because that's what she does. I will see her in a few day so I will update. She hasn't called back to complain so far.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

What kind of sensitivity was experienced?

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: