Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Anchor not setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanQuan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Anchor not setting Reply with quote

I placed a core buildup on a vital tooth with Anchor topped with Z250, and had to start endo 3 days later.
I was shocked to find the anchor was soft and crumbly like Cavit underneath the Z250.
I then did benchtop tests which showed the Anchor would not self cure, and light curing only part-way set the material. Injectafil did the same.

Now, I do not often use dual cure composites and the tubes of Anchor and Injectafil were both in date (The Anchor was set to expire Feb 2013) but each may have been open for more than 6 months - always with a filled up mixing tip attached.

I opened a new tube of anchor and injectafil and benchtop tests showed they both cured just fine. Is there a 'use within' timeframe once the tubes have been opened?
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Anchor Reply with quote

Dr. Quan,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with Anchor. Anchor has a shelf life of 2 years. If the product is older than 2 years it will not self cure. The material will light activate but not self cure. The 2 year shelf life can be shortened if the material is not stored at or below room temperature.

Please forward me the lot number of the cartridge and order date so I can get you a replacement immediately.

Sincerely,
Scott
AlanQuan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, bugger. Threw the cartridges away. Realised just now the lot no. may have been useful to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: