Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Contaminated prep mid application

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drharemza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Contaminated prep mid application Reply with quote

What is the best course of action when you prep is contaminated during the surpass application process.

Prior to applying surpass I srub the prep with isopropyl. then dry
If the prep is contaminated

1) after applying surpass #1 - then i usually rinse with copious H2O and then restart the process. Is thic correc tor should I scrub with isopropyl again?

2) after applying surpass #1 and #2 - then I usally will scrub with isoproyl and then restart. Is this correct or should I just rinse with H2O.

3) after applying all 3 (before curing) - scrub with Isopropyl and reapply,

4) After applying all and after curing. then srub with isopropyl and then apply surpass 2 dry and cure. then apply composite.

Thanks

Josh
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Contaminated prep mid application Reply with quote

What is the best course of action when you prep is contaminated during the surpass application process.

1) after applying surpass #1 - then i usually rinse with copious H2O and then restart the process. Is thic correc tor should I scrub with isopropyl again?

Alcohol again.

2) after applying surpass #1 and #2 - then I usally will scrub with isoproyl and then restart. Is this correct or should I just rinse with H2O.

Alcohol.

Right.

4) After applying all and after curing. then srub with isopropyl and then apply surpass 2 dry and cure. then apply composite.

Don't need to cure Sur 2 separately in this case. Just apply, dry and go.

"You don't have a town named after you"
drharemza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I dont know of any other company where you can get a reply so fast from the "big cheese" Your a class act. Awsome!
macadoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Contaminated prep mid application Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:

Alcohol again.

Alcohol.

Right.

Don't need to cure Sur 2 separately in this case. Just apply, dry and go.

If Sur 2 is a primer, what does it "do" in this scenario? Wouldn't the tubules already be sealed? If anything, I would think a fresh coat of Sur 3 would be indicated?
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do that too, but I like to use Surpass 2.

macadoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a case where I was placing a giant MODF on a difficult patient. The gingival extent of prep was very deep, so I placed a Tofflemire...Surpass/Titan/Premise gingival increment. I then loosened the band and moved it coronally to build out the contact. I had lots of blood in the prep after doing so and had to use Astringedent. What do you recommend in this scenario?

I used Clean & Boost, then Surpass 2...dried and cured, then continued with Premise.
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macadoo wrote:
I just had a case where I was placing a giant MODF on a difficult patient. The gingival extent of prep was very deep, so I placed a Tofflemire...Surpass/Titan/Premise gingival increment. I then loosened the band and moved it coronally to build out the contact. I had lots of blood in the prep after doing so and had to use Astringedent. What do you recommend in this scenario?

I used Clean & Boost, then Surpass 2...dried and cured, then continued with Premise.

Perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: