Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Ivoclar Vivadent Webinar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> Continuing Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Ivoclar Vivadent Webinar Reply with quote

John
I took a webinar tonight sponsored by Ivoclar Vivadent. The speaker was John C. Cranham.
There was a survey question where they asked what generation adhesive were you currently using? I had to think about this one.
He said, 4th generation was 3 steps. Phosphoric acid, primer, adhesive.
5th generation was 2 steps. Phosphoric acid, multiple coats of primer/adhesive.
6th generation. No phosphoric acid. 2 steps. Etch and primer in one bottle, then adhesive.
7th generation. One step. Single bottle.

So what would Simplicity and Surpass be? I'd guess 5th.

There was another survey question. Do you have a problem with post op sensitivity? I was tempted to mark "never", but marked "rarely" because there is always somebody that occasionally has some issue, but it has been a long time since that has happened. Most respondents to that question marked "rarely".

The speaker used 4th generation a lot for directs, but he was blotting the water and all that, making sure the prep was not too wet or too dry before placing the primer. Something I don't have to worry about using Sim and Sur.
He emphasized not etching too long with phosphoric acid. 15 seconds tops, and agitating it. I agitate the Sim 1 and Sur 1 and leave it on about 10 seconds but sometimes I may leave it on a bit longer. Any problems leaving it on for 30 seconds? I don't think I'd ever leave it on that long, but just in the process of getting the brushfulls of Sim 2 and Sur 2 into the prep, the etch may be on a bit longer.

He did do a Cl V with AdheSE One F a generation 7 one step using the Viva Pen. Don't know what kind of bond strengths they get with that but I think I'll stick to Surpass.

He also talked about adding comp in 2mm increments. I like bulk filling with Injectafil and letting that pretty much self cure, zapping it briefly with the light, SeamFree and comp. Works well for me.
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We see Simplicity as 6th generation (no rinse) and Surpass as 8th generation. I'll let Gerry tell you about Vivapen SE.

"You don't have a town named after you"
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agitate the Sim 1 and Sur 1 and leave it on about 10 seconds but sometimes I may leave it on a bit longer. Any problems leaving it on for 30 seconds? I don't think I'd ever leave it on that long, but just in the process of getting the brushfulls of Sim 2 and Sur 2 into the prep, the etch may be on a bit longer.

No problem.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> Continuing Education All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: