Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Is anyone using Simplicity anymore???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scutterdmd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Is anyone using Simplicity anymore??? Reply with quote

So I've been a longtime Simplicity user (5 + years) who has been extremely happy with the results. I have not succumbed to the pressure of my dental rep to try every new bonding agent under the sun. But lately, after reading this forum along with dentaltown, I'm feeling the pull to try Surpass.................but I think my assistant will kill me. I've changed impression materials, composites, core b'up materials (now anchor) but my assistant always knows which bonding agent to set up. Are the bond strengths of Surpass that much better than Simplicity? I have had no issues with post-op sensitivity or debondings with Simplicity. I guess I need to hear that Simplicity is still a great product.

Thanks for the reassurance.
Andrew
scottie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew. I use both. For most routine stuff, I use Simplicity, but where I have a concern about retention, shallow Cl V for example, I'll use Surpass.
I also always use Simplicity for sealing crown preps. That works great.
I agree with you Simplicity is an excellent product. It's just nice to have something else in your tool kit when you feel a little bit extra retention is called for.
priior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a surpass user.. and i've recently seriously pondered to go to simplicity for sealants on some "active" children.

i'm thinking sometimes, that one less step might be worth the few Mpa compromise!
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still much interest in Simplicity. It's not going anywhere.
Smile

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: