Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Surpass v rivals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Surpass v rivals Reply with quote

I was told at the GNYDM that there was "A new adhesive that would knock the socks of anything that John has." Well yesterday I had an opportunity to test this great stuff head-to-head against Surpass. MPa Direct, a rinse etch single bottle concept adhesive, produced whopping SBS numbers of an average of 11.1MPa immediate! Surpass averged a mere 42.8MPa immediate. The kit comes with a desensitizer which the instructions specify to use for "Posterior Restorations Only". Strange. When placing the adhesive the instructions state "Gently thin aadhesive to a uniform glossy coat, until material stops flowing. Reduce air pressure, and continue drying for 5 seconds" That's quite a trick.

MPa Direct appears to be extremely technique sensitive! The SBS was higher when the desensitizer was used but no numbers approaching Surpass. (If the desensitizer is necessary to obtain fairly adequate adhesion doesn't this become a 3 bottle system for posterior teeth only?!?!) 24 hour SBS results will be ready latr today.

I'll stick with Surpass!
Gerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 Hr. MPa Direct ----- Average = 37.3MPa Std Dev = 16.99Mpa.

A bit technique sensitive!?!?! We'll get other info if anyone cares.

Did John post that there was a 24Hr Surpass of over 83MPa!!!!!! Sure its the exception but this is what Surpass can do before the tooth cohesively fails. Cool!!!
Gerry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the 24 hr specimens were done using the desensitizer as the immediate SBS numbers w/o it were so puny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: