Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Simplicity w/ onlay indirect comp./pressed ceramic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc4smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Simplicity w/ onlay indirect comp./pressed ceramic Reply with quote

Dear Apexdentalmaterials reader:
I tried to look for similar topic but have no luck.
I hope Dr. Kanca doesn't mind if I start a new topic.
My questions is actually two parts:

1) I'm about to recieve my first bottles of Sim. Prior to this, I tried to use bonding agent as a liner b/w the temp. and the tooth to relief sensitive during the waiting period(cement'g the final). I have no luck w/ the bonding agent alone. Recently I tried using Seal N' Shine-(I believed by Pulpdent) to line the prep and place temp. over it. This is all done w/ out etching of the tooth.
Now I plan to bond this prep (#4MOD belleglass onlay) with Simplicity and Maxcem. Any suggestion on how to proceed this?
I plan to anesthesize tooth (Again, didn't have Sim. before) and pumice the prep to clean off any residue film of Seal N' Shine and follow w/ the step of Sim. (based on the video online)
Any suggestion will greatly appreciate.

2) At this time, I have a second question. Is using Sim. 1 indicate for all prep procedure (minus Veneer?) during the prep day? This is true for regular PFM too? I wonder if that is what is missing w/ my prep. Recently I have to cut off a 1 1/2 yr crown and I found some part of the tooth surface (mid body of the prep tooth) w/ black stain. Btw, I use Fujicem to cement of PFMs. I also use fine pumice on prophy cup to clean the tooth before I cement. Thinking I can clean the tooth b4 I cement.
Where have I gone wrong?
I read on other postings that using alcohol w/ the sponge to wipe the prep before cement the Temps. Is that always indicate? Btw, I use either GC Advantage or Tremex(sp) non-eugenol temps.

Again, I appreciate any suggestion you can offer.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Gary
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity w/ onlay indirect comp./pressed ceramic Reply with quote

Dear Apexdentalmaterials reader:
I tried to look for similar topic but have no luck.
I hope Dr. Kanca doesn't mind if I start a new topic.

Not at all. That's what this is for.

My questions is actually two parts:

1) I'm about to recieve my first bottles of Sim. Prior to this, I tried to use bonding agent as a liner b/w the temp. and the tooth to relief sensitive during the waiting period(cement'g the final). I have no luck w/ the bonding agent alone. Recently I tried using Seal N' Shine-(I believed by Pulpdent) to line the prep and place temp. over it. This is all done w/ out etching of the tooth.
Now I plan to bond this prep (#4MOD belleglass onlay) with Simplicity and Maxcem. Any suggestion on how to proceed this?

Use the directions for Sim and indirect restorations.

http://apexdentalmaterials.com/db/index.htm

I plan to anesthesize tooth (Again, didn't have Sim. before) and pumice the prep to clean off any residue film of Seal N' Shine and follow w/ the step of Sim. (based on the video online)
Any suggestion will greatly appreciate.

Do what you see in the video and you'll be in great shape.

2) At this time, I have a second question. Is using Sim. 1 indicate for all prep procedure (minus Veneer?) during the prep day?

Do you mean Sim 1 only? If so, that is incorrect.

This is true for regular PFM too? I wonder if that is what is missing w/ my prep. Recently I have to cut off a 1 1/2 yr crown and I found some part of the tooth surface (mid body of the prep tooth) w/ black stain.

Did you use Viscostat or another iron-containing astringent?

Btw, I use Fujicem to cement of PFMs. I also use fine pumice on prophy cup to clean the tooth before I cement. Thinking I can clean the tooth b4 I cement.
Where have I gone wrong?

Not using Simplicity! Wink

I read on other postings that using alcohol w/ the sponge to wipe the prep before cement the Temps. Is that always indicate? Btw, I use either GC Advantage or Tremex(sp) non-eugenol temps.

That's fine but ti doesn't matter much. I use diluted Durelon as a temporary cement. There's a thread on that here as well.

Again, I appreciate any suggestion you can offer.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Gary

We do expect to hear about your success, you know.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: