Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

bonding to unwanted tooth structure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: bonding to unwanted tooth structure Reply with quote

I am starting to get a hang of using Simplicity and at some point will graduate to Surpass. There still are situations where I am reluctant to use Simplicity because of inability to keep Simplicity 1 localized to the intended bonding area without getting it onto adjacent surfaces. Is it possible to bond and how strong will that bond be if Simplicity 1 is inadvertently get on adjacent surfaces but was not "scrubbed" on followed by Simplicity 2. The situation that I have the greatest fear is bonding onlays with resin cement where I try to make sure that I get enough Simplicity1 onto the prep, but in the process excess gets onto adjacent tooth. My fear is when excess resin cement is extruded around the onlay onto those surfaces and cured then I will have a heck of a time cleaning up. Is this a legitimate concern or unless Simplicity 1 is "scrubbed" on, Simplicity 2 will not have a strong bond? Help! Sorry about the round about question.
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wherever Sim 1 is going, Sim 2 is going as well. Making it thin is one answer.

I guess you could either use smaller microbrushes to apply the material or insert a matrix to limit application area, but it's not really a problem for me.

Since I use Anchor, I have a lengthy gel phase that allows me to floss and rid the area of excess before I light-activate. That way I am able to avoid sticking teeth together.

"You don't have a town named after you"
cool kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anchor is the key there. Give it 2 minutes to get to a gel phase and start cleaning. You will have your margins clean in about 15 seconds, as it just peels off. Then you can still get floss through that contact and then pust push the majority of the excess fromt he buccal to lingual with an explorer or a scaler. I do all this BEFORE curing with a light. When it gets to that get state, you don't have to worry if you bleed so you can just continue with what you are doing. Just make sure it gets to that gel state.
rich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I understand this correctly, strong bond can still take place on surfaces that Simplicity 1 and 2 come in contact with, eventhough no scrubbing motion was done on these surfaces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: