Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Damn!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> Sensitivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

czeqm8 wrote:
alginate for the SWT? Do you have a problem with flash at the gingival margins or poor interproximal contours?

Huh?

"You don't have a town named after you"
czeqm8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
czeqm8 wrote:
alginate for the SWT? Do you have a problem with flash at the gingival margins or poor interproximal contours?

Huh?

I am with you. What was I doing here? I think I might have been toggling between windows on my computer and got confused. Apologies.
bj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new finding & chemistry is cool. But if it is better with Sim 1, how hard is it to use the Sim 1st? It is better with Sim 1, right?

I use Surpass now. You expect the same using Sur 2 + Sur 3? Sur 3 alone won't desensitise I assume?

I remember a thread that stated if sensitivity was severe to use Interface instead of Sim 1.
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new finding & chemistry is cool. But if it is better with Sim 1, how hard is it to use the Sim 1st? It is better with Sim 1, right?

For bonding restorations, yes. For sensitivity, maybe it's equal.

I use Surpass now. You expect the same using Sur 2 + Sur 3? Sur 3 alone won't desensitise I assume?

I'd expect similar desensitization, but I need to look at bond strengths. I was surprised at how well bond strengths held up after a week with only Sim 2. We'll look into Surpass 2 and 3 soon.

I remember a thread that stated if sensitivity was severe to use Interface instead of Sim 1.

I think we were trying that to see how that worked. There's no doubt about this latest technique. The advantage here is the convenience of leaving a tooth totally wet and anyone can place it without any fear of where it goes or how long it remains.

LARRY T

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you now seal preps with this same technique -- rinse, leave wet and just apply sim 2 without needing sim 1?

I would also like to find out if there are any changes to cementing a crown with anchor. I am sandblasting the crown, interface, sim 2, cure sim 2 w/out cure. On tooth -- sim 1, sim 2, cure, cement. Am I correct in not placing an additional coat of uncured sim 2 on tooth?
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you now seal preps with this same technique -- rinse, leave wet and just apply sim 2 without needing sim 1?

That is something that needs some study, and studying it we are. I am hoping it can be done.

I would also like to find out if there are any changes to cementing a crown with anchor. I am sandblasting the crown, interface, sim 2, cure sim 2 w/out cure. On tooth -- sim 1, sim 2, cure, cement. Am I correct in not placing an additional coat of uncured sim 2 on tooth?

The un-activated coat of Sim 2 goes on the tooth, not the crown. It's not needed on the crown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> Sensitivity All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: