Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Testing ALL of JK's stuff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Testing ALL of JK's stuff! Reply with quote

Just finished a case for a patient who fell, knocked out #7 & #8, fractured a portion of #9, and took out most of the labial plate of bone. During the many many months since the fall she has had numerous bone/gingival grafts. Apparently the last one, done last Monday, is successful. My job is to place a provisional fixed bridge from "You can't grind down my" virgin #6 to a labially reduced #9.

Anticipating a finally successful graft, a lab fabricated 3 unit bridge was made involving a not too close fitting (within a mm or so) veneer for #9, and pontic for #7 & #8. These were attached with Surpass and Anchor. The interproximal between #6 & #7 is Surpass and Anchor with a universal splint wire fitted into the mesial of #6 And the distal of #7 pontic.

The next catch is that this thing has to last about 8 months before the implants can be placed and the implants are intergrating.

I have photos of the bonded case - to which I'm going to be married for the next 10 months! If this doesn't debond JK and his materials are even better than anyone ever dreamed possible!
Gerry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case discussed above is still not ready for implants. That's the bad news. The good news is that the bridge is still there!

As for Surpass v everything else: I guess this as good a place as any to post this.

There were complaints on DT that in order to use Simplicity and Surpass one needs "coaching" by JK. In response I pointed out that ALL dental adhesives are technique sensitive and the videos from Apex are invaluable in defining protocol! Using Prelude, for example, I got immediate SBS of 21.9MPA and 17.3MPA depending on whether the dentin was left dry or moist - which is not discussed in the instructions. BTW the controls of Simplicity and Surpass had SBS had 33.6MPa and 44.7MPa respectively. Laughing

"Please don't take my Surpass from me"
Gerry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, Chris, John. Considering the way you type and the way I spell Wen ar ewe going too half spel cheque hear!?!?!
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Spell Checker Reply with quote

I looked into this and it was incredibly difficult to incorporate for some reason. I'll check again.
cool kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw sepll cehck!
Gerry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Eye half a gnu spell ink chequer
Hit came with mi Pee Sea
Hit plane lee marques four my revue
Miss stakes eye can knot sea
Eye ran this poem thru it too day
Hand I'm sure Yule bee glad two no
Its letter perfect in ever e weigh
Caws my chequer tolled me sew."

Gerry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patient leaving for a short vacation presented with #29 cleanly fractured off at the gingival level. Handed me a crown with the coronal portion of the tooth neatly within. She didn't want to start RCT or go away with a funny looking space. Surpass and dual cure flowable to hold temporarily. Finally returned for recall yesterday. Its still working fine!

BTW this was done 1/4/05! But according to some "Long term dentin bonding is fiction".

Perhaps with some adhesives in some practitioners hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: