Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Invivo testing Simplicity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philzelmanow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Invivo testing Simplicity Reply with quote

Hi John. I'm down at Pankey this week. We just had a lecture from Harald Heymann. Great guy, great lecture. I asked about Simplicity. He said he has not tested it as of yet. Harald had very complimentary things to say about you, but no info on Simplicity. I understand you have numerous invitro studies, but any studies like the ones like Harald does down at UNC? Thanks again for your time. PHIL
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil

I have been trying for a long time to arrange a day to do some in-vitro testing with Harald and Ed at their place, and I'd LOVE to have an in-vivo study run. Thing is, they cost a bloody fortune and we are just not highly capitalized enough to afford it just yet.

So please order by the case and we'll secure a study! Cool

I think Surpass will be something they'd really want to have. Students won't be able to screw it up.

"You don't have a town named after you"
philzelmanow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes John, Harald said something about $60,000 and how that might be the hold-up. I'm doing my part to help you all out in that department, but 60K is a lot of money.

If I recall correctly(late night involving medicinal alcohol), Harald said something about self cure core materials not bonding to agents with a low pH. Is that why you recommend placing a thin layer of DUAL cure material down first, then cure, then bulk fill? Thanks again, PHIL
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil

Here's a secret- it's not the low pH. When I apply Simplicity to ceramic I can make any self-cure or dual-cure amterial stick to it famously all by itself.

On dentin it's tougher. I think it's about the permeability. That's why I recommend either placing the thin layer of something first, light-activating and then adding the rest, or adding the additional coat of Sim 2 following the usual application.

For cores it is best to do it the first way because the bond strengths develop most rapidly.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: