Joined: 17 Jan 2006
|Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 pm Post subject: veneer bonding
I'm having a nightmare with one particular patient; six upper anterior veneers. Problem is repeated cracking/fracturing. We have worked out the occlusal issues, but today I was fitting the 3rd replacement on #9, when it cracked after light curing. Patient is in despair. Here is my protocol;
1. remove temporary veneers, use disks to ensure all temp material is gone, confirm fit of veneer.
2. Veneer = micro etching with Danville Microetcher.
3. scrub with isopropyl, rinse with tap water.
4. Dry veneer, apply Interface, wait 10 seconds, air thin.
5. Apply Surpass 3, blast it with air, cure for 10 seconds.
6. Tooth = scrub with isopropyl, rinse with distilled water, air dry.
7. Surpass 1, agitate for 10 seconds.
8. Apply Surpass 2 over wet Surpass 1, 3 coats, dry thoroughly.
9. Apply Surpass 3, air thin the snot out of it. Cure 10 seconds.
10. Apply Anchor through a mixing tip to the inside of the veneer.
11. Seat veneer, ensure correct position, tag it down with UV light at incisal tip.
12. Floss through contacts.
13. Cure with UV light.
This is the moment the new veneer cracked.
We are re-doing the entire case next week. I has to be right this time! Any feedback welcome.
Richard in Spain.