Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Isolite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monoks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Isolite Reply with quote

I was thinking of purchasing the Isolite. Does anyone have any experience using it? And more importantly, does the light affect the curing of the Surpass?
brad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a long time user and big fan of the isolite-
I have not used the light for ages- it's not needed.

Isolite makes an iso-dry which is essentially the isolite without the LED-- should save you some money.

My next isolite purchase will be an isodry-- we have 4 out of 5 ops equipped already.
Cincinnati, OH 45244
513-231-5353
www.cincytoothdoc.com
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly recommended.

"You don't have a town named after you"
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with the new Isolite competitors? If so, how do they compare to the Isolite?
drharemza

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an isolite and airbug and the adapter valve for sale by the RDH on dentaltown (kon adapter) the isolite is the best, the airbug is trash in my opinion and the kona adapter works really well. the only downside is the noise of the suction is much louder. I still need to buy an extension for my HVE so the vale isnt near the patietns ears as I thin kthat is why it is so loud. The issue is that isolite will not allow you to buy their mouthpieces without having purchased an isolite. So I would recommend buying an isodry, see how you like it. If you feel you need more units then just get the kona adapters.

Also there is a new device that was released at the townie meeting that I have not knowledge or experience with. Not sure if it is better. i beleive it is cheaper though.
Josh
jreth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drharemza wrote:
I have an isolite and airbug and the adapter valve for sale by the RDH on dentaltown (kon adapter) the isolite is the best, the airbug is trash in my opinion and the kona adapter works really well. the only downside is the noise of the suction is much louder. I still need to buy an extension for my HVE so the vale isnt near the patietns ears as I thin kthat is why it is so loud. The issue is that isolite will not allow you to buy their mouthpieces without having purchased an isolite. So I would recommend buying an isodry, see how you like it. If you feel you need more units then just get the kona adapters.

Also there is a new device that was released at the townie meeting that I have not knowledge or experience with. Not sure if it is better. i beleive it is cheaper though.
Josh

I purchased one and it is what it is . . . a very cheap adaptor for the isolite mouthpieces. I prefer the Isodry version because of it's weight/size/comfort. I use it a ton, so it's worth it.
jakep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a dryshield for about a month and am very happy. You can sterilize the mouth pieces which is nice. I've never used an isodry so can't compare.
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have switched to the Isovac and we are happy. Light added to much expense and maintenance and did very little in return
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: