Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Surpass and bis-acrylics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macadoo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Surpass and bis-acrylics? Reply with quote

I just placed my first core build-up using Surpass and Titan. It was really more of a "blockout" of a large excavation site, so I used Titan, no core material on top of it. When I went to remove my provisional, the material really wanted to stick to one area around the build-up, and the material (ProTemp) tore in this area.

I've had similar things happen in the past when I'm dealing with a large resin core build-up, but this seemed much harder to remove than other situations. I'm assuming now this was just "one of those times", but I wanted to check and see if folks here regularly notice this with provisional crowns and Surpass? I know many of you seal your preps with Surpass, so I can't imagine that being the case. Is anyone here placing something (velvachol, surgilube, vaseline) over your preps before making provisionals?
Ekrause

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saliva
macadoo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekrause wrote:
saliva

Yeah, I generally make a point NOT to dry off the preps, but sometimes my assistants do while I'm loading the impression with bis-acryl. Do you actually actively coat the prep in saliva, or just not dry it?
Ekrause

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's dry, I will actively coat it.
twmdds

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean it with alcohol to remove the oxygen inhibited layer on the tytin/composite. Then wash it off.
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Surpass and bis-acrylics? Reply with quote

macadoo wrote:
I just placed my first core build-up using Surpass and Titan. It was really more of a "blockout" of a large excavation site, so I used Titan, no core material on top of it. When I went to remove my provisional, the material really wanted to stick to one area around the build-up, and the material (ProTemp) tore in this area.

I've had similar things happen in the past when I'm dealing with a large resin core build-up, but this seemed much harder to remove than other situations. I'm assuming now this was just "one of those times", but I wanted to check and see if folks here regularly notice this with provisional crowns and Surpass? I know many of you seal your preps with Surpass, so I can't imagine that being the case. Is anyone here placing something (velvachol, surgilube, vaseline) over your preps before making provisionals?

Viscostat Clear

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: