Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post


Co-curing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr.feelgood



Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Co-curing Reply with quote

Hi ! Going to fix some veneers with Surpass and NX3, and want to try co-cure sur 3 with luting cement and veneer simultaneously ! Will use 2 LED light and water cooling to avoid tooth overheating! Can i get good adhesion with this approach??? Thank you !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6346

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always light-cure Surpass first and will always recommend it. Just be sure to thin it out.

It'll probably be fine as you suggest but I won't alter my approach.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottie



Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 360
Location: Albuquerque NM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John I was puzzled by your answer. Why would you cure the Surpass first? We co-cure flowable with Surpass. I would think the veneer would seat better if you co-cured the Surpass and the luting cement. All the veneers I have done, I start to cure when the veneer is on the tooth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ekrause



Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 782
Location: I'm here now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you co cure flowable in a filling, there is no layer of porcelain stressing the bond to the tooth.
_________________
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6346

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John I was puzzled by your answer. Why would you cure the Surpass first? We co-cure flowable with Surpass. I would think the veneer would seat better if you co-cured the Surpass and the luting cement. All the veneers I have done, I start to cure when the veneer is on the tooth.


I was asked what I do. That's what I do. Surpass can easily be thinned so as not to be any sort of problem.

It's less slippery that way too.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr.feelgood



Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekrause wrote:
When you co cure flowable in a filling, there is no layer of porcelain stressing the bond to the tooth.

How can thin layer of ceramic interfere with co curing???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6346

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.feelgood wrote:
Ekrause wrote:
When you co cure flowable in a filling, there is no layer of porcelain stressing the bond to the tooth.

How can thin layer of ceramic interfere with co curing???


Ceramics really attenuate light energies
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ekrause



Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 782
Location: I'm here now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
Dr.feelgood wrote:
Ekrause wrote:
When you co cure flowable in a filling, there is no layer of porcelain stressing the bond to the tooth.

How can thin layer of ceramic interfere with co curing???


Ceramics really attenuate light energies


Plus the resin will adhere more strongly to the porcelain than the tooth.
_________________
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group