Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Brushes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Brushes? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have been using surpass for two weeks now and have really enjoyed it. Margins have looked great thus far and the system seems easy to use. I have a question in terms of the brushes. What is the purpose in the brushes as opposed to the microbrushes that are typically used. I understand surpass shouldn't be scrubbed into the prep. Is that the reason why? We need to order more brushes as I'm using it so much but wanted to know the reason for these brushes or if I could use the microbrushes we have.

Thanks for the weatlth of information on this site and the great product. I have a paper on which I've been writing all the different recommendations such as pulp capping, sensitivity, etc. I keep finding uses for it with everything I read.

Jake
jakep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd add this. Just had an emergency patient that presented with cold sensitivity to tooth #20, missing tooth #19 with moderate bone loss in the area and approximately 3-4mm recession on the DB of 20. Cleaned with alcohol and applied surpass. By the time I got to 2, she had no sensitivity.

Would never have done this had I not read it on the forum. This is great. Hopefully it lasts for her for awhile.
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Brushes? Reply with quote

jakep wrote:
Hello all,

I have been using surpass for two weeks now and have really enjoyed it. Margins have looked great thus far and the system seems easy to use. I have a question in terms of the brushes. What is the purpose in the brushes as opposed to the microbrushes that are typically used. I understand surpass shouldn't be scrubbed into the prep. Is that the reason why? We need to order more brushes as I'm using it so much but wanted to know the reason for these brushes or if I could use the microbrushes we have.

Thanks for the weatlth of information on this site and the great product. I have a paper on which I've been writing all the different recommendations such as pulp capping, sensitivity, etc. I keep finding uses for it with everything I read.

Jake

Welcome, Jake!

The brushes are used because they deliver a good volume of material. If you wish to use microapplicators instead (the round ones) feel free to use them with Surpass 1 and 3. Surpass 2 is best applied with the brushes because the brushes deliver lots of material and that's what's needed.

Have a great day!

JK

"You don't have a town named after you"
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakep wrote:
Thought I'd add this. Just had an emergency patient that presented with cold sensitivity to tooth #20, missing tooth #19 with moderate bone loss in the area and approximately 3-4mm recession on the DB of 20. Cleaned with alcohol and applied surpass. By the time I got to 2, she had no sensitivity.

Would never have done this had I not read it on the forum. This is great. Hopefully it lasts for her for awhile.

You might even want to try Surpass 2 alone. I have found that to be very effective all by itself.

jakep

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
You might even want to try Surpass 2 alone. I have found that to be very effective all by itself.

Have you found the desensitization lasts as long with just applying surpass 2? Also, do you light cure the surpass 2 if it's applied by itself?

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge.

Jake
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakep wrote:
john kanca wrote:

Have you found the desensitization lasts as long with just applying surpass 2? Also, do you light cure the surpass 2 if it's applied by itself?

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge.

Jake

Seems to last about as long. Yes I do light-cure it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: