Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Just want to clarify some things with Surpass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mem3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Just want to clarify some things with Surpass Reply with quote

Hey all,

I just made the switch to Surpass and I'm very happy. I've switched from Amalgambond Plus which my father uses (hope to convert him too). I've got a few things I wanted to clarify before I go full speed ahead with it.

1. I noticed some people are etching the enamel margins with phosphoric acid. I agitate the uncut enamel an additional 5 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds) with Surpass 1, as the instructions state. Would etching with phosphoric acid be of additional benefit, say, when restoring class IV's, or would I be OK with just Surpass 1?

2. I've been air-thinning Surpass 3 with my directs for a few seconds before I light-cure. I assume this is ok?

3. After I place and adapt each increment of composite to the preparation, i dip the provided seamfree applicator in the well with seamfree, dab it on my glove a few times (to get rid of excess), and lubricate my uncured composite with the seamfree, and then light-cure. I repeat for each layer.

For my last and final layer, I dip my instrument in the seamfree, because I feel that it seems to "melt" my waxy/stiff Filtek Supreme Ultra, and it helps me blend it into my margins. Is there a problem with seamfree being co-cured with my composite on the outermost layer?

Thank you!
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I noticed some people are etching the enamel margins with phosphoric acid. I agitate the uncut enamel an additional 5 seconds (for a total of 15 seconds) with Surpass 1, as the instructions state. Would etching with phosphoric acid be of additional benefit, say, when restoring class IV's, or would I be OK with just Surpass 1?

I use nothing other than Surpass 1 and you likely have seen my recalls. I'll put them against anything.

2. I've been air-thinning Surpass 3 with my directs for a few seconds before I light-cure. I assume this is ok?

Yes, thin is good.

3. After I place and adapt each increment of composite to the preparation, i dip the provided seamfree applicator in the well with seamfree, dab it on my glove a few times (to get rid of excess), and lubricate my uncured composite with the seamfree, and then light-cure. I repeat for each layer.

For my last and final layer, I dip my instrument in the seamfree, because I feel that it seems to "melt" my waxy/stiff Filtek Supreme Ultra, and it helps me blend it into my margins. Is there a problem with seamfree being co-cured with my composite on the outermost layer?

Not at all. Any Seamfree on the surface will not polymerize. It copolymerizes very well when covered by a composite.

"You don't have a town named after you"
mem3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: