Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post


final re-sealing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
drrix



Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: final re-sealing Reply with quote

Rubber dam is on. I am done with the posterior fillings. To adjust occlusion, I remove the dam and use articulating paper, and make adjustments. Then I need to re-seal, right? Invariably there is some bleeding from either the clamp or the wedge or the sectional matrix. So now what? Do you reapply the dam just for resealing? How do you manage that?
Thanks,
Rix
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6345

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit it with Viscostat Clear, then seal it. Problem solved.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottie



Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 360
Location: Albuquerque NM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How critical is re-sealing comps?
I've gotten away from it, and after adjusting occlusion, will smooth the restoration with Seamfree and a polishing point.
If it is a good ideal to re-seal, which is better, Sim or Sur?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6345

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
How critical is re-sealing comps?
I've gotten away from it, and after adjusting occlusion, will smooth the restoration with Seamfree and a polishing point.
If it is a good ideal to re-seal, which is better, Sim or Sur?


Either will seal well.

IMO sealing Class V's is critical. We could argue about the rest but I do it all the time.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ilikecoffee



Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 121

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will Ultradent have the new cleaner available for needs such as this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d2thdr



Joined: 16 Oct 2005
Posts: 402
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
When will Ultradent have the new cleaner available for needs such as this?


I just saw my rep yesterday and she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it. Apparently it's on a "need to know" basis.
_________________
Dennis M Murphy, DDS
Cincinnati, Ohio
d2thdr@gmail.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6345

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d2thdr wrote:
ilikecoffee wrote:
When will Ultradent have the new cleaner available for needs such as this?


I just saw my rep yesterday and she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it. Apparently it's on a "need to know" basis.


Dan is coming to my home for a visit today. I'll make a point of asking!

Wink
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ekrause



Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 782
Location: I'm here now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
d2thdr wrote:
ilikecoffee wrote:
When will Ultradent have the new cleaner available for needs such as this?


I just saw my rep yesterday and she looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about it. Apparently it's on a "need to know" basis.


Dan is coming to my home for a visit today. I'll make a point of asking!

Wink


I just sent an email to Vicki. You know, just in case Dan doesn't know... Wink
_________________
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ekrause



Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 782
Location: I'm here now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki expects it by the end of first quarter next year. Sad
_________________
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottie



Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 360
Location: Albuquerque NM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When doing the final re-seal, do you need to re-etch, or could you just brush on Sim 2 or Sur 3 thin and cure?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6345

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
When doing the final re-seal, do you need to re-etch, or could you just brush on Sim 2 or Sur 3 thin and cure?


It's a really good question, the answer to which is not absolutely certain. I like to use all three parts since I want to sure to clean the defects if nothing else.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group