Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Pre-etching enamel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guanhor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Pre-etching enamel Reply with quote

Hi Guys, my virgin post on this wonderful forum. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed somewhere else.

1st question: Is it a good idea to pre-etch enamel (some cut some uncut) for 30s with h3po4 prior to surpass? Better, worse or no difference? In my hands it does reduces the incidence of white lines significantly.

2nd question: If I am on all enamel and using h3po4, do I use apply surpass 3 only or surpass 2 and 3 or surpass 1,2 and 3?

Thanks

Guan Hor, Go
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-etching enamel Reply with quote

Hi Guys, my virgin post on this wonderful forum. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed somewhere else.

1st question: Is it a good idea to pre-etch enamel (some cut some uncut) for 30s with h3po4 prior to surpass? Better, worse or no difference? In my hands it does reduces the incidence of white lines significantly.

It will make no difference. Be sure to use enough Surpass 1 and agitate it for 10-15 seconds.

2nd question: If I am on all enamel and using h3po4, do I use apply surpass 3 only or surpass 2 and 3 or surpass 1,2 and 3?

Only Surpass 3 will be needed.

And welcome here.

"You don't have a town named after you"
guanhor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John.

A few more questions:

1. When bonding to multiple teeth at one go, do I wet all of them with surpass 1 then agitate one by one for 10s? Or do you recommend wet and agitate one by one?
If I follow the second method, exposure to surpass 1 for each tooth will not be the same.
You mentioned somewhere that its alright to leave surpass 1 on for some time if we don't agitate it. Does it apply to before and after agitation?
I am not comfortable with bonding to one tooth at a time because I might contaminate the other prepared surfaces when I air-blow the adhesive.

2. When applying surpass 1 to a large surface is it ok to wet everything first and then agitate the different areas separately. eg proximal 10s occlusal 10s?

3. When applying surpass 2 to multiple teeth, do I wet the brush and apply to ALL the teeth or wet and apply to one tooth at a time. The second method does uses quite a bit more surpass 2. :<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: