Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Sealing and sur 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Sealing and sur 3 Reply with quote

My surpass kit finally arrived yesterday and I got to use it on a couple of patients. Everything was great except that sur3 cured in like a nanosecond with my headlight! I HATE turning my headlight off because I feel blind for a good min or two... I do have a filter, will that solve my problems? Of course I hate seeing the world in orange... and yes, i like to complain!

From reading the other threads I gather that you seal a prep with sur1,2,3.
and then at seat appt, reapply sur1,2,3, and bond the crown on. Is this correct? I also read that sur2 alone would be a good desensetizing agent, so would I be able to just use sur2 to seal? Also, if the prep is all in dentin and cementum, is it necessary to use sur1 during the seat appt since there will be no enamel to etch?
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My surpass kit finally arrived yesterday and I got to use it on a couple of patients. Everything was great except that sur3 cured in like a nanosecond with my headlight! I HATE turning my headlight off because I feel blind for a good min or two... I do have a filter, will that solve my problems? Of course I hate seeing the world in orange... and yes, i like to complain!

The orange will prevent the curing of Surpass 3. You should celebrate it's light sensitivity, not dislike it. It gives you rapid and very high bond strengths.

From reading the other threads I gather that you seal a prep with sur1,2,3.

Right.
and then at seat appt, reapply sur1,2,3, and bond the crown on. Is this correct?

Right again.

I also read that sur2 alone would be a good desensetizing agent, so would I be able to just use sur2 to seal?

That's not a seal, it's merely an obtundant meant for areas which are not being bonded. (And no whining!) Razz

Also, if the prep is all in dentin and cementum, is it necessary to use sur1 during the seat appt since there will be no enamel to etch?

Maybe, but I cannot say that I have tested it in that manner. I always use all three parts. It only takes ten seconds.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Surpass All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: