Surpass® Instructions: Bonding to Existing Composite
- Roughen the composite surface to be bonded. Ideal the surface should be micro-etched with 27 micron aluminum oxide powder. If micro-etching is not available the surface should be roughened with a burr.
- Rinse and dry the surface.
- Dispense a drop of Surpass®2 into a cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush apply two brushfuls of Surpass®2 to the metal surface.
- Dry the primed surface with dried compressed air for at least 10 seconds with the air syringe tip as close as possible to the surface. DRY Surpass®2 THOROUGHLY
- Dispense a drop of Surpass®3 into another cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush apply a thin layer of Surpass®3 to the entire cavity surface.
- Light-activate for 10 seconds. Surpass® can be activated with any dental activation light.
- Continue restorative procedure with material of choice. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for all restorative materials.