Simplicity is a no rinse bonding system that combines the etchant and primer application into one simple step. It allows for more predictable clinical results, it is less technique sensitive, without sacrificing shear bond strength. Because there is no need to rinse the etchant before primer application, Simplicity also saves time during the procedure. It is intended for use with all categories of resin composite materials. Simplicity is compatible will all methacrylate-based materials.
Simplicity Indications for Use:
- Direct Restorations: to seal enamel / dentin prior to restoring with light- cure or self-cure composite materials
- Indirect Restorations: bonding light-cured, self-cured or dual-cured composite cements or glass ionomers or resin-modified glass ionomer cements
- Desensitization: Hypersensitive and / or exposed root surfaces. Crown preparations
- Sealing preparations before placing amalgams
- Bonding crowns and bridges, post and cores and veneers
Although it is not critical to the success of Simplicity, it is recommended that the preparation be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton pellet and rinsed with water prior to beginning the bonding protocol. Pumicing or gentle particle abrasion of enamel is also recommended.
- Rinse the preparation thoroughly and remove all visible water by drying the surface for approximately 5 seconds with dried compressed air.
- Dispense a drop of Simplicity 1 into one cavity of the enclosed mixing well. Using the red Mircobrush® applicator, apply Simplicity 1 to the entire cavity preparation and the surrounding tooth structure, agitating briskly for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT DRY Simplicity 1
- Dispense a drop of Simplicity 2 into another cavity of the mixing well (dispense Simplicity 2 just prior to use. (Two drops may be necessary for larger preps). Using the blue Ultratip® apply three brushfuls of Simplicity 2 to the entire cavity preparation, dabbing each brushful to help distribute as much of the primer as possible.
- Dry the primed surface with dried compressed air for at least 10 seconds with the air syringe tip as close as possible to the surface. DRY Simplicity 2 THOROUGHLY
- Apply two additional full brushes of Simplicity 2 and thoroughly dry again for 5 seconds.
- Light-activate for 10 seconds. Simplicity can be activated with any dental activation light.
- Continue restorative procedure with material of choice. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for all restorative materials.
NOTE: In Class I and II restorations, it is highly recommended that a thin layer (0.5mm) of a low viscosity flowable resin composite be placed on the pulpal floor of the cavity and light activated prior to the insertion of the restorative material.
NOTE: Deciduous teeth are treated in the same manner as permanent teeth.
NOTE: Simplicity 1 should be agitated for 20 seconds on uncut enamel.
NOTE: Simplicity is always light-cured before placing veneers and bonded crowns.
NOTE: If delivering a post, remove excess Simplicity 2 from the canal with paper points prior to drying and light-activation.