- Isolate and prepare the tooth surface to be restored.
- Apply an adhesive, such as Simplicity Self-Etch Adhesive system or Surpass® Self-Etch Adhesive system, according to the manufacturer's instructions. (If Simplicity or Surpass® is not chosen, be sure the adhesive of choice is recommended for use with self and dual cure products.)
- Select the appropriate shade of Injectafil®
- Bleed the Injectafil® syringe by expressing a small amount of material onto a pad. This assures the material is being expressed from both side of the syringe equally.
- Attach the mixing tip to the syringe and express a small amount of material onto a pad. This assures the material is flowing from the tip in a uniform manner.
- Insert the mixing tip to the bottom of the preparation and fill the entire prepared area with Injectafil®. Light activate the surface for 20 seconds.
- Shape and finish to desired level. (If the material is not light activated it will self cure and set in 3 minutes)
- After each use, leave the used mixing tip in place to seal the syringe.
NOTE: While the universal shade of Injectafil® will produce exceptional results in most restorations there may be cases that require a higher level of aesthetics. For highly aesthetic cases it is recommend to leave a 1mm increment at the top of the preparation for use of a composite material offering the specific desired shade. Injectafil® is compatible with all methacrylate composite materials thus an incremental layer of the material of choice would simply be placed as the final layer and light activated according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
NOTE: Injectafil® is compatible with all dental adhesives that work with dual-cure materials. If not using Surpass® or Simplicity, the adhesive should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.