Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

About anchor®
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: About anchor® Reply with quote

From the makers of the Simplicity® Bonding System comes the next great product for restorative dentistry.

Remaining true to our goal of delivering the right products at the right time we are proud to offer: anchor®. anchor® is a superior core build up / luting cement in one!

MORE: http://ApexDentalMaterials.com/anchor/index.htm

Last edited by admin on Thu May 12, 2005 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
drhal35

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dual cured? so we can lute in a post and then build the core all in one, step?
h

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drhal35 wrote:
dual cured? so we can lute in a post and then build the core all in one, step?
h

Yes, you can!

Dan Very Happy
drgwhite

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anchor replace the maxcem I'm currently using under cerec restorations? How's the clean up?
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drgwhite wrote:
Can anchor replace the maxcem I'm currently using under cerec restorations? How's the clean up?

Yes it can. I think it's easy to clean up but I'll let Flem give you his experiences. He's used it a lot.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the clean up better. To me, it seems to flow a little better than MaxCem. And no obnoxious smell of MaxCem. Give it a try.
bj

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, are you using it exclusively ( the only product you use) for Luting & for core buildups?

Do you ever do the Marshall technique ( Sim> flowable> cure> buildup material except enamel layer> enamel layer with usual composite)? If so, I assume you tried it with anchor?

This Maxcem everyone mentions, it that a RMGI?
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, are you using it exclusively ( the only product you use) for Luting & for core buildups?

Yes.

Do you ever do the Marshall technique ( Sim> flowable> cure> buildup material except enamel layer> enamel layer with usual composite)? If so, I assume you tried it with anchor?

I do not. I like to have the entire restoration made of the posterior material.

This Maxcem everyone mentions, it that a RMGI?

No, it is a "self-etching" resin cement. Maxcem does NOT etch enamel worth a darn. It and Unicem (the 3M analogue) are far better when used with an adhesive. The best these can get is only half of the usual enamel bond strength.

scottie

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: regarding using Anchor Reply with quote

John I currently am using Simplicity and Core Paste from Den-Mat for my core build-ups. How would switching to Simplicity and Anchor be better?
For cementing crowns we use mainly the old Vitremer powder/liquid now Rely-R-X. What are the advantages of switching to Anchor? I imagine Anchor would be more expensive. In cases with minimal retention would Anchor hold better? I know when I get an old crown that has come off and the margins are okay but the tooth needs a build-up Anchor sounds like a good solution.
john kanca

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: regarding using Anchor Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John I currently am using Simplicity and Core Paste from Den-Mat for my core build-ups. How would switching to Simplicity and Anchor be better?
For cementing crowns we use mainly the old Vitremer powder/liquid now Rely-R-X. What are the advantages of switching to Anchor? I imagine Anchor would be more expensive. In cases with minimal retention would Anchor hold better? I know when I get an old crown that has come off and the margins are okay but the tooth needs a build-up Anchor sounds like a good solution.

Loaded question, Scottie. You know that I am going to say that Anchor is clearly better! Smile

I still think that one is fine with RelyX Luting Plus for PFM's. That's what I use. I think you'll like the handling of Anchor- it really is nice.

Maybe it would useful to convass those who also use Anchor- like Flem.

scottie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
Yes I sort of figured you'd say Simplicity and Anchor was better than Simplicity and Den-Mat Core Paste but I was wondering if you had actually compared the two of them. Also when you cement a crown with Anchor does it hold like Panavia? I had a situation today where I did the endo and recemented the old crown. I used Simplicity and Core Paste but I thought about Anchor.
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
Hi John
Yes I sort of figured you'd say Simplicity and Anchor was better than Simplicity and Den-Mat Core Paste but I was wondering if you had actually compared the two of them. Also when you cement a crown with Anchor does it hold like Panavia? I had a situation today where I did the endo and recemented the old crown. I used Simplicity and Core Paste but I thought about Anchor.

Why don't we let Flem and Dan add their two cents about this?

Yes it will hold like Panavia. It won't snap set like Core Paste, but I am not saying Core Paste is bad.

Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
scottie wrote:
Hi John

Why don't we let Flem and Dan add their two cents about this?

Yes it will hold like Panavia. It won't snap set like Core Paste, but I am not saying Core Paste is bad.

Scottie,

I am using Simplicity/Anchor on almost all my CERECs. If they had a shade in transparent/clear, it would be all the time. I'm using it quite a bit for PFMs also, having sealed the prep already with Simplicity. Give it a try, I believe you will like the combination. Cool
Ekrause

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell are you doing up at 3am Flem??? Shocked Rolling Eyes
Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,

I start waking up at that time usually, office things start rolling through my head and usually it's useless to try to go back to sleep. So I check ALL the late posters here and DT and put in good words for APEX products! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: