Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Simplicity and veneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howardmg wrote:
Sure was!
We are talkin about f----- Scott!! (Am I allowed to say that word on KancaTown?) Laughing
Him and Chris had blue Apex shirts on.
He was the dark haired of the two.
Bottle of champagne in his hand.
Does that jog your memory?

As long as it is that way, OK.

Scott was the one who had the lamb chop in his mouth all night. He swears it wasn't the same one the whole time.
Laughing

"You don't have a town named after you"
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Lamb Chops Reply with quote

OK.... it may have been the same lamb chop.

When I checked out the desk clerk said "Thank goodness you're finally leaving." Funny my wife says the same thing when I travel.
Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamb Chops Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

When I checked out the desk clerk said "Thank goodness you're finally leaving." Funny my wife says the same thing when I travel.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Cool
pablo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: lamb chops Reply with quote

YOU GUYS SEEM TO BE HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN. WHERE DO I SIGN UP

REGARDS,

PAUL
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamb Chops Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

She said it last night too. Razz

LARRY T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: veneers Reply with quote

If I am seating 4 veneers at a time after agitating sim 1 on first tooth, do I have to worry about it sitting on tooth while going to next tooth. By the 4th tooth sim 1 might have been on first tooth 40 seconds. How long can sim 2 be sitting in well before needing to replace it with fresh drop?
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: veneers Reply with quote

LARRY T wrote:
If I am seating 4 veneers at a time after agitating sim 1 on first tooth, do I have to worry about it sitting on tooth while going to next tooth. By the 4th tooth sim 1 might have been on first tooth 40 seconds. How long can sim 2 be sitting in well before needing to replace it with fresh drop?

Put it on all four teeth at the same time and agitate them for a while. Then apply a brushful of Sim 2 to each sequentially until you've added three drops each, and continue on as usual. This is what I do for up to six teeth at a time.

doc4smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Veneer Temp Reply with quote

I have a pat. came to me with missing veneers of #26, #27. She has Veneer from #5-12 and #22-25.
How do you prepare/condition the teeth when you finishing preping?
Another word, if I place Sim 1 and sim 2 over the prep teeth, can I still place temp resin on the teeth? I would imagine it will bond to them.

If not, what else can I do to cover the prep. BTW, the pat. feels sensitive on the teeth.

I thought about building the tooth up first and take an impression and use bisacryl temp and cement it with GC advantage temp. cement. But it sure take alot of time, and she wants to take care of it ASAP due to sensitivity.

Any suggestion will be greatly apprecciate.
-GAry

BTW< the interface on my sister crown been in place for 2+ weeks plus...great stuff!!.
doc4smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Veneer Temp Reply with quote

doc4smile wrote:
I have a pat. came to me with missing veneers of #26, #27. She has Veneer from #5-12 and #22-25.
Another word, if I place Sim 1 and sim 2 over the prep teeth, can I still place temp resin on the teeth? I would imagine it will bond to them.

If not, what else can I do to cover the prep. BTW, the pat. feels sensitive on the teeth.

I thought about building the tooth up first and take an impression and use bisacryl temp and cement it with GC advantage temp. cement. But it sure take alot of time, and she wants to take care of it ASAP due to sensitivity.

-GAry

BTW< the interface on my sister crown been in place for 2+ weeks plus...great stuff!!.
Laughing
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Veneer Temp Reply with quote

doc4smile wrote:

-GAry

Gary

It's best to have an impression prior to beginning any prep so you could shrink-wrap the temps into place. Failing that, you can spot etch by placing a little spot of Sim 1 on the incisals of the teeth, rinse it and LEAVE THEM WET. Then apply some Sim 2 to all the teeth, a few coats, and dry it and light-activate it. Then you can hand-place some resin as temporary veneers and light-activate it. They'll stay really well, but you will have to remove and re-bond at delivery.

doc4smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Veneer Temp Reply with quote

[
Gary

It's best to have an impression prior to beginning any prep so you could shrink-wrap the temps into place. Failing that, you can spot etch by placing a little spot of Sim 1 on the incisals of the teeth, rinse it and LEAVE THEM WET. Then apply some Sim 2 to all the teeth, a few coats, and dry it and light-activate it. Then you can hand-place some resin as temporary veneers and light-activate it. They'll stay really well, but you will have to remove and re-bond at delivery.[/quote]

Thanks Dr. Kanca. I will try the direct method b/c she didn't give us enough time to prepare plus she is also under alot of sensitivity. Thanks again. Great to have such a good support.

sincerely,
Gary
Kirk Blanchard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Simplicity and veneers Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
Tooth:

- Apply Simplicity as usual

Veneer:

- Apply Interface and DRY
- Apply one coat Sim 2, dry and light-activate for 10 seconds
- Apply veneer luting resin, seat

Tack in place, clean excess and then light-activate for 10 seconds each facial and lingual, wait a minute, repeat, wait a minute, repeat, wait a minute, repeat.

This is allow stress relaxation in between activation periods.

I was just reviewing the technique. I thought that it was recommended to put a second layer of Sim 2 on the porcelain and NOT cure. Something about dual cure cements and an un-set bonding layer.

Am I confused?
Howardmg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk-
Generally for veneers, John is rec. light cure cements rather than dual cure. Thus no need for the second uncured layer of Sim.

Howard M. Goldstein DMD.
Bethlehem. PA.
www.exceldentalcare.com
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been following the thread 4 unit anterior case on dental town. If the preps are desensitized using Sim 1 and 2 will I have a problem removing the temps utilizing their temp technique.

Yes. If you shrink-wrap veneers, use the Sim 2 only as I described

I have been using the desesitizing technique for all my vital C&B cases and am more than pleased. Under veneers should I forgo the Sim 1 and only place Sim2 and upon removal sandblast and place Sim 1 and 2.

Yes again.

Kirk Blanchard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howardmg wrote:
Kirk-
Generally for veneers, John is rec. light cure cements rather than dual cure. Thus no need for the second uncured layer of Sim.

Got it. If I have a dual cure cement, then my technique is on the mark, but I should be letting go of the dual cure in favor of light cure. (and with letting the dual cure go, I can also let go of the second layer of Sim 2).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: