Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Superb bond strengths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Superb
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shotblockin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Superb bond strengths Reply with quote

John- can you provide bond strength measurements? Loving the material but curious about clinical data. Thanks!
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Superb bond strengths Reply with quote

shotblockin wrote:
John- can you provide bond strength measurements? Loving the material but curious about clinical data. Thanks!

Get them for you tomorrow

"You don't have a town named after you"
shotblockin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, wanted to follow up to see if you had the bonding information regarding Superb? Thanks
scottie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I have been a faithful Surpass user for some years now. I originally used Simplicity, but a few years ago we started bonding all our comps in with Surpass and sealed our crown preps with it too. I think we still have some unused Simplicity around the office, but we have not used it in a while.
Now there is Superb. I know it appears simpler to use, but is it better? Once you're used to it Surpass isn't that difficult to use and my staff is very familiar with it.
I was reading on the KISCO forum, my friend Rod Kurthy tested several bonding agents and he said Brush and Bond was just way above the others. Not sure what all he tested it against, but I do like that 4-META chemistry they use for bonding. When I do an amalgam in very difficult situations, I use the Amalgabond (sp?) to bond the amalgam in.
Just wondering if you have tested Surpass and Superb against Brush and Bond?
john kanca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John, I have been a faithful Surpass user for some years now. I originally used Simplicity, but a few years ago we started bonding all our comps in with Surpass and sealed our crown preps with it too. I think we still have some unused Simplicity around the office, but we have not used it in a while.
Now there is Superb. I know it appears simpler to use, but is it better? Once you're used to it Surpass isn't that difficult to use and my staff is very familiar with it.
I was reading on the KISCO forum, my friend Rod Kurthy tested several bonding agents and he said Brush and Bond was just way above the others. Not sure what all he tested it against, but I do like that 4-META chemistry they use for bonding. When I do an amalgam in very difficult situations, I use the Amalgabond (sp?) to bond the amalgam in.
Just wondering if you have tested Surpass and Superb against Brush and Bond?

Surpass kills everything.

4-META is a monomethacrylate and PMDM is a di-methacrylate. Other than that, they're identical.

Amalgam bonding lasts for a brief period and no more. The important effort is sealing the tooth. They'll all work pretty well for that.

Brush and Bond barely makes a dent in enamel. Superb will come close to Brush and Bond on dentin

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Superb All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: