Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Injectafill for temps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Injectafill for temps Reply with quote

I really love using Injectafill to reline margins on temps and resurface occlusals at the same time. If you have a patient who has parafunction this is very helpful. The self cure feature is great for deep subgingival areas. It is also great for those limited reduction situation where axial wall height is at a premium and thin temps wear and break. Also great for longer term provisional needs.

FYI, I am using Pro temp plus. It adheres flawlessly after alcohol application.
scottie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think what you are doing here, "relining the margin of a temp"?
Is this when you are making the temp and you fill the inside of the temp with injectafill and put to place?
I find if the margins are short on a temp, Titan flowable works great. You haven't sealed the prep yet (important) you place the temp on the prep and anywhere it is short add flowable and cure. Remove temp and trim.

In the other situation you are describing, the "limited reduction situation" are you making the temp completely out of Injectafill? You make a pre-op impression and fill that with Injectafill and place over the prepared tooth?
d2thdr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always take i quick Blu Mousse impression ot the tooth prior to prep.

Are you using the Injectafill in situations like this? We've been using Voco Structur 2
priior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Injectafill for temps Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
I really love using Injectafill to reline margins on temps and resurface occlusals at the same time. If you have a patient who has parafunction this is very helpful. The self cure feature is great for deep subgingival areas. It is also great for those limited reduction situation where axial wall height is at a premium and thin temps wear and break. Also great for longer term provisional needs.

FYI, I am using Pro temp plus. It adheres flawlessly after alcohol application.

this is an awesome idea.. i will try it.. u dont even need to use a mixing syringe... you can hand mix it..i will give it a try... ml for ml it's about the same price as titan.. actually.. using anchor would be an even cheaper idea! that's about $5 the ml! hmmmmm Very Happy
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make a normal temp with pro temp in a blue mousse bite. I then ream the inside lightly and wear areas of occlusal with a diamond. Clean with alcohol. Use small endo/post tip on Injectafill and place on alchol cleaned temp margins. The extra viscosity is nice for this compared to flowable. Place on prep and then place Injectafill on occlusal of temp and have patient bite. Wait (don't light cure)and trim. You will now have unbelievably accurate margins and a high wear resistant occcusal. I cover with Palaseal. Inserts are noicce Smile

You will quickly figure out which situations that this extra effort will save you chair time on.
vjau

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the cleaning with alcool ? By doing so, you are removing the uncured layer, hence making your protemp harder to bond to... or at least i guess !
scottie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've got a clearer picture of what you're doing now.
So, do you routinely do this for all your temps?
Sometimes when you remove the temp when you've just made it, the margins are all there. Just trim off the excess, check occlusion and cement.
Why would you put in an extra step and ream out the inside and place Injectafill? Now if you were shy on the margins, okay, I can see using Injectafill.
Also, I'm not sure why you put Injectafill on the occlusal of your temp. I usually adjust the occlusion if necessary, place some Sim 2, thin and cure.
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reaming accomplishes several things and is to let temp cement(dycal in my case) to stick to the rough surface on removal, it gives alooser fit to allow for cement thicknes and compensates for binding due to polymerization shrinkage and distortion during removal.

The occlusal Injectafill gives better wear properties in situations in which you believe it is "needed".

I reline all my margins on al my temps. On most situations I use flowable. In deep subgingival situation the extra viscosity and self curing feature of Injectafill has enhanced the marginal fit in my hands.

I despise RBC's at time of insert and avoid them if possible. I also dislike pt's returning with loose or broken temps. FYI, I also add a braided ortho wire that has no memory to reinforce ALL provisional posterior bridges. I always tack it in place with flowable before inserting the blue mousse with uncured Protemp Ultra to guarantee positioning of the wire.
satchdds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for promoting new uses to help use be more efficient. BUT. If you need to reline every temp something is wrong. Try my way. I squirt some on the table to insure good mixing, then fill my matrix. then squirt a little around the prep margins and seat tray. once in a blue moon is there any issues.
If you need a better occlusal stop just put a little paste composite on the occlusal and have the patient bite down. Cure from the buccal then finish curing. Why monkey around with flowing composite?
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case Laughing , don't try making an entire provisional out of Injectafill usless you are meticulous about blocking out all interproximal undercuts and have smooth preps.

If you are always checking the fit of your temps on the lab dies at crown seating , and the fit is as good as your final crowns, then your technique should never be varied.
scottie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satchdds wrote:
I'm all for promoting new uses to help use be more efficient. BUT. If you need to reline every temp something is wrong. Try my way. I squirt some on the table to insure good mixing, then fill my matrix. then squirt a little around the prep margins and seat tray. once in a blue moon is there any issues.
If you need a better occlusal stop just put a little paste composite on the occlusal and have the patient bite down. Cure from the buccal then finish curing. Why monkey around with flowing composite?

Satch, what material are you using for your temps?
satchdds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
satchdds wrote:

I use Exacta Temp.
john kanca

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satchdds wrote:
scottie wrote:
satchdds wrote:

I use Exacta Temp.

Me too! Cool

"You don't have a town named after you"
scottie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Exacta Temp too. It works fine.
I hadn't thought of squirting it round the prep. I usually just filled the little pre-op button, but I did use that technique yesterday and the temp came out just fine.
So, question, for you John. If the temp is short anywhere, what would you use to fill those areas in?
Ekrause

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
I use Exacta Temp too. It works fine.
I hadn't thought of squirting it round the prep. I usually just filled the little pre-op button, but I did use that technique yesterday and the temp came out just fine.
So, question, for you John. If the temp is short anywhere, what would you use to fill those areas in?

I use Titan for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: