Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post


i like it
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6342

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
I just told our pedo residency director last week that I thought Injectafill is the ideal pedo material. Also, an awesome temporary material for emergencies.

I personally love it for bulk fill covered by vit-l-essence. Try using one shade darker than the hue present for the tooth and cover with either Pearf Frost or Pearl Snow dependeing on the value of the enamel and use a smidge of Irridescent Blue for the interproximal marginal ridges.


Thanks!
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brad



Joined: 13 May 2005
Posts: 346
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been using it as my primary cerec cementation choice (when doing single units). It has handled very well and at recall exams they look perfect.
thanks
_________________
Bradley A Dorsch, DDS
Forest Hills Family Denitstry
1055 Nimitzview Dr
Cincinnati, OH 45244
513-231-5353
www.cincytoothdoc.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ikke



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Have been using it as my primary cerec cementation choice (when doing single units). It has handled very well and at recall exams they look perfect.
thanks


Damn, you're quick... Shocked

When filling a big cavity, it already starts to gel at one side when I'm not ready with the other one...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6342

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikke wrote:
brad wrote:
Have been using it as my primary cerec cementation choice (when doing single units). It has handled very well and at recall exams they look perfect.
thanks


Damn, you're quick... Shocked

When filling a big cavity, it already starts to gel at one side when I'm not ready with the other one...


Avert the light.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ikke



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 100

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even then...

He fills the crown faster than his shadow...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
priior



Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been using injectafil for my porcelain crowns, 2 unit bridges.. it's not too bad.. a minute is a long time.. just make sure everything is ready before you start,.. and all the lights are off!!
_________________
Nareg Apelian DMD
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jreth



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta chime in and vote: thumbs WAY up! All other fingers are crossed for long-term stability! Very Happy

Post-application xrays look amazing!
_________________
Jonathan B Reth DDS
Spearfish, SD
"On my wall since day 1"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6342

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WILL be stable long term. I promise. Wink
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlanQuan



Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the radiopacity advantage that Injectafil holds over Anchor but I'm not ballsy enough to switch just yet. I'll stick with old, slow faithful for my indirects for now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scottie



Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 360
Location: Albuquerque NM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I was reading the instructions for Injectafil
I know, too much time on my hands.
Anyway, for composite fillings, the instructions say to fill the entire prep up with Injectafil and light cure the surface for 20 seconds.
I like to fill the prep and wait for 1 to 2 minutes (seems like an eternity and I sometimes have the patient bite on a cotton roll) and then light cure just briefly before using Seamfree and regular light cured comp. over it.
The reason I wait, is to allow the Injectafil to pretty much self cure, and I'm hoping not to cause too much internal stress by curing it quickly with the light.
Is it better to let is self cure for the most part, or can I just Zap it like the instructions say, and move on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6342

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John, I was reading the instructions for Injectafil
I know, too much time on my hands.
Anyway, for composite fillings, the instructions say to fill the entire prep up with Injectafil and light cure the surface for 20 seconds.
I like to fill the prep and wait for 1 to 2 minutes (seems like an eternity and I sometimes have the patient bite on a cotton roll) and then light cure just briefly before using Seamfree and regular light cured comp. over it.
The reason I wait, is to allow the Injectafil to pretty much self cure, and I'm hoping not to cause too much internal stress by curing it quickly with the light.
Is it better to let is self cure for the most part, or can I just Zap it like the instructions say, and move on?


In terms of stress, it's best to allow it to gel on its own. Even then all you need to is light-activate only for a few seconds.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jreth



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first 1-year BW recall on a fairly large I-Fill class 2 several months ago. It looked like the day I placed it.

The only bugger so far is when you get a bubble on the margin, but it's very infrequent.
_________________
Jonathan B Reth DDS
Spearfish, SD
"On my wall since day 1"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6342

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Thanks!

If you use the small tips and gradually withdraw the tip as you are injecting, it usually solves that.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group