Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Injectafil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bj

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- The instructions vary a bit re light curing, I realize the forum is a bit of tweaking/improvements & a new product takes time to put in stone, just letting you know in case you want to change it.
http://apexdentalmaterials.com/injectafil/Injectafil-Instructions.pdf

2- Also re the core Build up instructions on that same site:
“Line #6. Start the build up by applying a 1mm increment of Injectafil™ and light curing for 20
seconds. After this initial layer has been placed additional material should be added and built
up to the desired level.”
You specifically prefer an Injectafil layer rather than Titan? Or just the opposite, or makes no difference?

3- “The 02 inhibited layer is relevant with this slow gelling material & so this Quick light cure at the 60-90 seconds mark is needed for this reason too.” The O2 reason is only for esthetic situations, right? ( I understand that the quick cure also allows one to start polishing/finishing too)

4- "Gel" stage. I read above in different posts that it "gels" at 1 min & also at 1.5 min mark. What is the ideal time to "light activate for only a couple of seconds”
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2- Also re the core Build up instructions on that same site:
“Line #6. Start the build up by applying a 1mm increment of Injectafil™ and light curing for 20
seconds. After this initial layer has been placed additional material should be added and built
up to the desired level.”
You specifically prefer an Injectafil layer rather than Titan? Or just the opposite, or makes no difference?

The instructions must presume that something other than Surpass is being used and that Titan is not being inserted first.

3- “The 02 inhibited layer is relevant with this slow gelling material & so this Quick light cure at the 60-90 seconds mark is needed for this reason too.” The O2 reason is only for esthetic situations, right? ( I understand that the quick cure also allows one to start polishing/finishing too)

There is always a more substantial 02 inhibited layer with a self-cure material than with a light-cure material.

4- "Gel" stage. I read above in different posts that it "gels" at 1 min & also at 1.5 min mark. What is the ideal time to "light activate for only a couple of seconds”

Gel time will vary with local humidity and temperature. You can easily determine when it happens.

"You don't have a town named after you"
bj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I correct that the only use of SeamFree with injectafill is:
- on the walls of the matrix band
- when you elect to use a different final enamel layer.

1- I want to be sure you guys don’t place SeamFree all over the cured flowable & the unfilled cavity prep prior to placing the Injectafil, or do you?

2- Or is either way acceptable? ( I ask this question # 2 since I may find I like the way the material can be manipulated 1 way vs. the other)

Thanks
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First- I always place Surpass and Titan and activate them together.

When using Injectafil I have both applied Seamfree prior to insertion of te Injectafil and not done it. I think the adaptation is absolutely perfect and easy when I do use the Seamfree first, but I think you could go either way.

priior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more i use seamfree.. the more i'm realizing the syringe delivery would have been a better idea.. (i got the bottle delivery)
bj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit - wrong thread- sorry

Last edited by bj on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, bj?

bj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used Injectafil for 1st time. Not the greatest case- very small preps & a bunch of them – regurg case, product seemed excellent, can’t wait for a conventional prep.

The product only came with very few (6-8?) tips – you need to request more when you order, especially with a new product where you may be clumsy a time or 2.

Another winner from Apex!
scottie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John
I am also using Injectafil now, mainly just on large preps, and I really like it. I'd like to clarify exactly how you would use it.
Simplicity or Surpass for bonding agents. place the Titan flowable and cure both together 40 secs.
Now do you put some Seamfree in at this point before placing Injectafil? Then bulk fill with Injectafil, let it begin to set (I've been waiting about 20 seconds or so) and then cure. I've been curing about 10 seconds, is that too long? Then I'll place TPH over that and I use Seamfree on the instruments or on my glove to adapt it to place. Would you use Seamfree before adding that layer of comp over the Injectafil?
Thanks as always for all your help.
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John
I am also using Injectafil now, mainly just on large preps, and I really like it. I'd like to clarify exactly how you would use it.
Simplicity or Surpass for bonding agents. place the Titan flowable and cure both together 40 secs.
Now do you put some Seamfree in at this point before placing Injectafil? Then bulk fill with Injectafil, let it begin to set (I've been waiting about 20 seconds or so) and then cure. I've been curing about 10 seconds, is that too long? Then I'll place TPH over that and I use Seamfree on the instruments or on my glove to adapt it to place. Would you use Seamfree before adding that layer of comp over the Injectafil?
Thanks as always for all your help.

10 seconds is not too long but I activate for only a few seconds to firm the surface.

I use Seamfree in between all increments.

bj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottie wrote:
John
I am also using Injectafil now, .....
Then bulk fill with Injectafil, let it begin to set (I've been waiting about 20 seconds or so) and then cure. ......

I belive most are waiting until the 1 minute mark for that "breif cure" of a few seconds, or are you guys doing this earlier or later or makes no difference?
john kanca

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bj wrote:
scottie wrote:
John
Then bulk fill with Injectafil, let it begin to set (I've been waiting about 20 seconds or so) and then cure. ......

I belive most are waiting until the 1 minute mark for that "breif cure" of a few seconds, or are you guys doing this earlier or later or makes no difference?

I also like to wait for the minute. You can go quicker but waiting for the gelation is the lowest stress method.

d2thdr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
bj wrote:
scottie wrote:
John

I also like to wait for the minute. You can go quicker but waiting for the gelation is the lowest stress method.

I have been waiting for the full 3 minutes to get the complete benefit of decreased stress....or is that unnecessary?
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d2thdr wrote:
john kanca wrote:
bj wrote:
scottie wrote:
John

I have been waiting for the full 3 minutes to get the complete benefit of decreased stress....or is that unnecessary?

Won't hurt you a bit, but the greatest benefit is in the first minute or so. As soon as it firms up, I light-activate for a couple of seconds.

scottie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting pretty routine now just whipping out these nice Cl 2 comps. Just did an MO on #15 this afternoon on a physician. Prep the tooth, Isopropyl, Simplicity and Flowable. Cure 40 secs. Seamfree, Injetafil, let it gel for a minute then light cure a few seconds. Seamfree and TPH comp over that and cure. I use a little Visar Seal (yep, I know Den-Mat and not Apex, but other than the Isopropyl only non Apex product) on the instrument and my glove to push the comp into place. The matrix band is the Triodent band and Ring.
After adjusting the occlusion, polishing and resealing with Simplicity, I looked at the restoration and thought "How sweet is that!" And I know there will be no sensitivity.
No stain placed or anything like that. Frankly I think that is just to please the dentist.
So great products. Love 'em. They work predictably and I think I have all the techniques down on how to use them, thanks to you John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: