Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

anchor core buildups without crown??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunburstlespaul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

recently joined the boards and ordered surpass and anchor! Just wondering if its ok to use anchor in a buildup after endo for a patient that doesnt want/cant afford a crown?? Is it strong enough to last as a permanent restoration?? I hate building up in regular composite 2mm layers and curing, I thought the anchor would be alot faster. Thanks!
brad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchor is much faster.....
It depends on how long you think this patient will be "in" the build-up....over 2 years, I think I would use regular composite. That is totally anecdotal, but just my opinion.
I would also make sure you cure the first little layer of anchor before adding the rest. Never had one debond since doing them like that.
Welcome to the cult/family
Cincinnati, OH 45244
513-231-5353
www.cincytoothdoc.com
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

recently joined the boards and ordered surpass and anchor! Just wondering if its ok to use anchor in a buildup after endo for a patient that doesnt want/cant afford a crown?? Is it strong enough to last as a permanent restoration?? I hate building up in regular composite 2mm layers and curing, I thought the anchor would be alot faster. Thanks!

I own a 1974 Les Paul Deluxe cherry sunburst.

Cool

"You don't have a town named after you"
john kanca

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

Anchor is very wear resistant.

satchdds

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

Cool

I'm a little slow. What does that mean John?
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

satchdds wrote:
john kanca wrote:
sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

Cool

See the name of the author o this thread?

sunburstlespaul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
satchdds wrote:
john kanca wrote:
sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

Cool

hahaha!!! I am very jealous John! Its my dream guitar that I havent made come true yet!! Hopefully in the next little while I will splurge and spoil myself but I think the student loans might have to come first Smile
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: anchor core buildups without crown?? Reply with quote

sunburstlespaul wrote:
john kanca wrote:
satchdds wrote:
john kanca wrote:
sunburstlespaul wrote:
Hey guys,

Cool

hahaha!!! I am very jealous John! Its my dream guitar that I havent made come true yet!! Hopefully in the next little while I will splurge and spoil myself but I think the student loans might have to come first Smile

I think that's a good order of priorities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About anchor® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: