Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Bonding to porcelain, metal, dentin and enamel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Interface
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swifty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Bonding to porcelain, metal, dentin and enamel Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been dealt with before.
When a PFM has fractured and the repair involves porcelain, metal, dentin and enamel I am unsure about whether to dry the interface prior to Sur 2 and 3.
After sandblasting, do I treat them all at once with interface and leave it wet, then apply Sur 2 and 3?
Or am I supposed to apply interface first to the porcelain and metal, dry it and then apply it to the enamel and dentin only and leave it wet, prior to Sur 2 and 3?
I hope it's O.K. to leave it wet because it is very difficult to leave one bit dry and one bit wet.
Thanks.

Regards,
Craig.
Swifty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found some comments in previous threads related to the subject, but I am still a bit confused.
On Tue Aug 16, 2005 John said
It is on dentin/ceramic when Interface is placed, left for ten seconds and dried. Then on the dentin the Interface is reapplied and left wet. Obviously some could get on the ceramic and if some of it does get on the ceramic it's no problem.
On Wed July 27 2005 John said
Here's what you do- apply the Interface to everything, let it stand and then dry it thoroughly. Then re-apply it to the dentin surface with the little applicator and leave that wet. It's easy.
!0 months later, on Fri May 26 2006 Scott said
"When Interface is being used on both tooth structure and ceramic at the same time you want to apply the Interface and leave it wet, then apply the Sim 2.
The procedure is identical to Simplicity on a tooth with Interface in place of Sim 1. "
On Mon May 29 2006 John replied
"Scott is right. Interface is used exactly the same way as Sim 1"

Do I understand correctly that the drying step was found to be unnecessary and the instructions have changed to simplify them? Or am I misunderstanding these comments?

With thanks,
Craig.
john kanca

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apply Interface to ceramic, let it stand for about ten seconds and dry. If it gets on dentin, no problem.

Then apply it to the dentin for at least ten seconds, do not dry.

Apply either Sim 2 or Surpass 2 and 3 as per instructions.

That work for you?

Cool

"You don't have a town named after you"
Swifty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Interface All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: