Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Simplicity & Ribbond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renzo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Simplicity & Ribbond Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a gentleman in with a failed FPD 29-31; #29 cast P&C came out within the crown, and #31 is non-restorable, so plan is for implants #30 and 31.

I restored #29 by microetching prep and canal with 27 micron Al2(O2)3; rinsed & dried; Simplicity as directed; cured; soaked Ribbond with Sim2, blotted excess on 2x2; syringed Anchor into canal and then proceeded to seat two Ribbond THM fibers within the overly enlarged canal; then bulk-filled Anchor over the ends of the Ribbond and pulse cured from all surfaces 10 secs. Prepared and fabricated new Cerec crown, and enjoyed using the Ribbond vs a Flexipost in this case.

Does Sim2 work for Ribbond as directed? It called for unfilled resin adhesive to soak the fibers, and I was in a hurry and didn't have time to double check the Sim2 chemistry. The Ribbond was easy to manipulate, so seemed to be ideal application, but thought this would be the place to do some checking.
Renzo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone using Ribbond with Simplicity?
Pcus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sim 2 can be used with ribbond, but you have to dry it after placing it on the ribbond, to evaporate all the solvent in the sim 2 ( which I think is acetone,) Once the solvent is evaporated it should be fine.

I just did a case with sur and I wetted the ribbond with sur 3 (which has no solvent in it, but keep it out of the light, that stuff will harden up on you.
Renzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use anything special to inject Anchor (or your dual cure of choice) into your post space? I'm finding it difficult to tell on my post-op radiographs if the post space was well-filled, and am worried that the delivery of the Ribbond to the Anchor within the canal space is creating voids or pulls upon removal of my plugger.
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anchor is radiopaque. I do not understand why it's tough to see. What you can do is inject some, and manipulate it with an instrument or the post to be sure it is into the canal but to be honest this hasn't been a problem for me.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Renzo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
Anchor is radiopaque. I do not understand why it's tough to see. What you can do is inject some, and manipulate it with an instrument or the post to be sure it is into the canal but to be honest this hasn't been a problem for me.

I did as you described above, and attached a PA to review. To me, it appears that I have straight line void in the post space, which I wondered if was caused upon removal of my plugger after pushing the folded Ribbond to length?

john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ribbond itself is radiolucent and yes mainpulating it could cause that problem.

Why not use a radiopaque fiber post?

Ekrause

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why use Ribbond for posts when you could use an actual post??
Renzo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
The Ribbond itself is radiolucent and yes mainpulating it could cause that problem.

Why not use a radiopaque fiber post?

Short answer - didn't have one. This was a cast post that came off inside a crown, so was very large canal, so I did not want to put an active post in, as I usually use a FlexiPost.

Case turned out great, but will have to see how it holds up over time.
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're that big, bag the post entirely. The Ribbond isn't going to help much at all.

But do have a look at the Unicore posts from Ultradent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: