Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Bonding to Sclerotic or Reparative Dentin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renzo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Bonding to Sclerotic or Reparative Dentin Reply with quote

I was in a course last weekend, given by a Prosthodontist, self-proclaimed non-Bondodontist. He showed a slide of #3 with endo, and large alloy had been removed from access. This tooth had easily 4-5mm of axial wall height, with at leat 2mm thick walls from surface to interior of pulp chamber. The slide showed heavy brown sclerotic, decay-free dentin within the floor of the prep. He stated he would definitely use a post, and asked who wouldn't use a post here. I said I'd placed a bonded core b/c there was so much good dentin at the walls, and I basically hate placing posts in molars, and he wasn't sure that would be a great long-term idea due to lack of good bond strength to sclertoic dentin.

What are the studies showing for sclerotic dentin bond strengths using Simplicity/ Anchor? This has been bugging me for a week.
john kanca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Surpass and Simplicity bond well to this type of dentin. Of course, the bond strength will be something less than normal dentin but it will be very effective if you do as instructed.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Renzo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jk - I have prepared teeth after placing Anchor on this type of tooth, and clinically the results seem stellar. Of course long-term the verdict is still out, but I feel more comfortable with bonding these cores in than placing posts in rarely-straight roots.

Thanks for getting back so quickly - have a great weekend.
john kanca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, if you can't pull the stuff off right away, you usually can't get it off later.

Cool

"You don't have a town named after you"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: