Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post


Polishing

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About SeamFree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6338

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Polishing Reply with quote

I still like using Seamfree when polishing posteriors following occlusal adjustment. I clean off the marks with alcohol, dry it, apply a little Seamfree and then polish with a Centrix Identoflex yellow point. It keeps the polishing particles form being jammed into any margins.

If there is any doubt about the margins, then it's best to seal the tooth first BEFORE final polishing.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ilikecoffee



Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you polish wet or dry in this situation. I know you proposed always finishing wet to not open gaps, but wouldn't the water spray wash the seam free away?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6338

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
Do you polish wet or dry in this situation. I know you proposed always finishing wet to not open gaps, but wouldn't the water spray wash the seam free away?


The Centrix point is a latch type
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ilikecoffee



Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is still a little cryptic to me. Electric handpieces have water spray with latch etc. Is that the implication?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macadoo



Joined: 31 Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Location: Washington, NC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it out for the first time today with Enhance points/cups and Jiffy brushes. Ended up with some nice looking restorations. Hard to say if it was the SeamFree or the pulse curing that deserves the credit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ekrause



Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 782
Location: I'm here now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
The answer is still a little cryptic to me. Electric handpieces have water spray with latch etc. Is that the implication?


Yeah, my Kavo air slow speeds have water too.
_________________
No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6338

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
The answer is still a little cryptic to me. Electric handpieces have water spray with latch etc. Is that the implication?


Dry. I have never had a slow speed with water.
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6338

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macadoo wrote:
Tried it out for the first time today with Enhance points/cups and Jiffy brushes. Ended up with some nice looking restorations. Hard to say if it was the SeamFree or the pulse curing that deserves the credit.


It's everything in the protocol. Nice to have that working for you, no?
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macadoo



Joined: 31 Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Location: Washington, NC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john kanca wrote:
macadoo wrote:
Tried it out for the first time today with Enhance points/cups and Jiffy brushes. Ended up with some nice looking restorations. Hard to say if it was the SeamFree or the pulse curing that deserves the credit.


It's everything in the protocol. Nice to have that working for you, no?


Very nice. It's driving my assistants nuts adding things into our repertoire. They'll get over it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
john kanca



Joined: 14 May 2005
Posts: 6338

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macadoo wrote:
john kanca wrote:
macadoo wrote:
Tried it out for the first time today with Enhance points/cups and Jiffy brushes. Ended up with some nice looking restorations. Hard to say if it was the SeamFree or the pulse curing that deserves the credit.


It's everything in the protocol. Nice to have that working for you, no?


Very nice. It's driving my assistants nuts adding things into our repertoire. They'll get over it.


Hey, you pay the bills!
_________________
"You need me on that wall."


"You don't have a town named after you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About SeamFree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group