Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

Documentation of Injectafill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Documentation of Injectafill Reply with quote

Can you please place all references that verify Injectafill's use in this spot?
I am trying to get our institution to switch to this material, but I need evidence to support my decision.
john kanca

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use in what spot?

"You don't have a town named after you"
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In this spot" is poor grammer, I apologize. How about "in this thread" or "underneath my request". I am trying to have an easily accessible place for the info for 30 plus docs that might want to use it and access info. I believe that Injectafill is ideal for our usage, but people want some evidence beside my opinion before switching. It will massively increase your sales Smile
Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, what is the evidence your group is using for the material the group uses now? Thanks Cool
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a search does not reveal any articles and no response was written here; is it safe to assume that Injectafill has no documented testing in the literature?
priior

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee, are you looking for a 10 year double blind study on a material that was recently released?
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

priior,

I am just looking for any any available documentation on the product. We all have our professional responsibilities to our patients. I believe what has earned my respect for Dr. Kanca is his ability to provide superior products.

Is my request unprofessional or irresponsible in any way?
Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
priior,

I am just looking for any any available documentation on the product. We all have our professional responsibilities to our patients. I believe what has earned my respect for Dr. Kanca is his ability to provide superior products.

Is my request unprofessional or irresponsible in any way?

No.

You did not answer my question above----what documentation is your group using now for the material you are currently using?

Thanks Cool
ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

You can look on this site the info posted on N-durance for an example.

We do a search usually through pub med (we have our librarian do it at times) and we evaluate it. My MSD is in dental materials, so I am releatively good at seeing through the BS of poor quality research.

N-durance, although a new material, is being utilized for limited applications (base under composites and reline protemp for provisional margination). Although it is a new material you can easily find info on it. Try for yourself, do a search on N-durance and then Injectafill.
We have 2 ADA certified residencies and sometimes we can get a resident to do a search for us Smile

I am not looking for anything specific, I just need to defend my request for Injectafill with some documentation rather than my opinion that I like it alot! Most manufacturers are only too happy to comply with this type of request.
john kanca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
Mark,

We do a search usually through pub med (we have our librarian do it at times) and we evaluate it. My MSD is in dental materials, so I am releatively good at seeing through the BS of poor quality research.

N-durance, although a new material, is being utilized for limited applications (base under composites and reline protemp for provisional margination). Although it is a new material you can easily find info on it. Try for yourself, do a search on N-durance and then Injectafill.
We have 2 ADA certified residencies and sometimes we can get a resident to do a search for us Smile

I am not looking for anything specific, I just need to defend my request for Injectafill with some documentation rather than my opinion that I like it alot! Most manufacturers are only too happy to comply with this type of request.

Not seeing any clinicals with N Durance.

I can't say we have any for Injectafil either but I do have recalls.

You can get research done, you say?

ilikecoffee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not specify clinicals. I am requesting ANY info, pretty please.
john kanca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a little time. Let's see what I can get.

Mark J Fleming DDS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilikecoffee wrote:
Mark,

Thanks, was curious how you went about things. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Injectafil All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: