Apex Information Exchange Forum Index Apex Information Exchange
Hosted by Dr. John Kanca III DMD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   REGISTER 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit Apex Dental Materials     Upload Photos To Your Post

sealing of preps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity®
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwhite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: sealing of preps Reply with quote

maybe I'm covering old ground but I'm still confused over this issue. No problem in the use of simplicity to seal crown/inlay/veneer preps . Would apprreciate enlightenment on these issues
1 before or after imp/temp and why
2 what to cement temps with
3 how tomanage prep at seat appt for bonded etched porcelain restorations

I usually use glycerin to manage oxygen inhibited layer when making shrink wraps after sealing, this seems to work.

Thanks

jj.
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: sealing of preps Reply with quote

jjwhite wrote:
maybe I'm covering old ground but I'm still confused over this issue. No problem in the use of simplicity to seal crown/inlay/veneer preps . Would apprreciate enlightenment on these issues
1 before or after imp/temp and why
2 what to cement temps with
3 how tomanage prep at seat appt for bonded etched porcelain restorations

I usually use glycerin to manage oxygen inhibited layer when making shrink wraps after sealing, this seems to work.

Thanks

jj.

For me, it's always

1. prep
2. cord
3. temp
4. impression
5. seal

If what you're doing is working, then fine, don't change it. I only shrink-wrap anterior veneers.

"You don't have a town named after you"
Howardmg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switch the order of temp and impression (I impress first....John has said that this is okay) but the key is sealing at the end right before you cement.
Do not seal if you Plan to shrinkwrap!!!

Howard M. Goldstein DMD.
Bethlehem. PA.
www.exceldentalcare.com
john kanca

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He says it's working for him, but I would not recommend it to others as it is fraught with disaster.

jjwhite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: sealing of preps Reply with quote

thanks guys. How do you manage the bonding of porcelain restorations on previously sealed preps?
Also what's the difference between shrink wrap temps and cemented temps other than you don't remove the shrink wraps on veneer preps because they are locked on.
Don't temps made from a wax up index or pre-op imp in multiple crown cases or full arch cases become shrink wraps if they won't come off?
Or am I missing something or everything again?!!!

jj
john kanca

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: sealing of preps Reply with quote

thanks guys. How do you manage the bonding of porcelain restorations on previously sealed preps?

I will scrape off the temporary cement and then use Consepsis scrub to remove the little bits. Then I re-apply the adhesive entirely.

Also what's the difference between shrink wrap temps and cemented temps other than you don't remove the shrink wraps on veneer preps because they are locked on.

With veneers I do not apply the entire adhesive so I do not risk being unable to remove them without damage. I will apply Simplicity 2 to a wet tooth, dry it and light-activate it ten seconds, then shrink-wrap.

Don't temps made from a wax up index or pre-op imp in multiple crown cases or full arch cases become shrink wraps if they won't come off?
Or am I missing something or everything again?!!!

I try not to wait until the point that they won't come off. I have not allowed it. On occasion I have broken the first temp but it happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Information Exchange Forum Index -> About Simplicity® All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: